Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
Prepare to tackle the challenges of a career as a security analyst, computer network defender, or computer incident responder with the Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity. The need for cybersecurity expertise continues to grow, and this program will prepare you to seek entry into the field with confidence. It starts with a comprehensive understanding of information technology management concepts and fundamental security processes.
BS Cybersecurity Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze a problem and design the cybersecurity measures appropriate to its solution.
- Apply concepts of best practices in cybersecurity management to enterprise processes.
- Describe the ethical challenges that confront a cybersecurity professional.
- Apply security control principles in the construction of cybersecurity solutions.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills expected of a cybersecurity professional.
- Demonstrate the ability to securely administer a Windows and Linux system using security automation tools and techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts of operating systems, networks, and cloud computing.
Master of Science in Cybersecurity
The Master of Science in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance is a professional degree for those who endeavor through technical and managerial measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity, authenticity, control, availability, and utility of the world’s computing and information systems infrastructure. The online cyber security degree program has a required core and a required specialization, which can be selected from some alternatives. The core is designed to provide a means of supporting the variety of backgrounds (both education and work experience) that those who wish to study this area may bring to the program. The core is also a statement of the knowledge domain that is common to most efforts in this area. The specializations provide for study in particular domains of knowledge within the field – which are also tied to communities of effort within the field.
MS Cybersecurity Program Learning Outcomes
- Devise a mitigation plan against both external and internal vulnerabilities to enterprise computer infrastructures and sensitive digital assets.
- Analyze and evaluate multiple risk assessment methods and strategies.
- Compare and contrast the legal and ethical aspects of cybersecurity at the Federal, State, and International level.
- Assess and summarize the legal and ethical requirements of a cyber security professional.
- Integrate project management skills to produce a cybersecurity solution.
- Evaluate the results of a security assessment to assess the security status of a network or computer system.
- Conduct in-depth research into a specific CSIA topic, including finding and integrating relevant research results of others.
- Integrate systems-level-infrastructure thinking into CSIA problem identification and resolution, and effectively communicate the solution.